A few things I hope as I age:
- I get to grow old
Too many in my life have not had the privilege to see old age. - I age but not act old
I do not have the option in aging, becoming older. I can choose to behave and think young. I can choose to continually try new things, attempt to listen to the current music, keep up with current media rather than insisting in what I consider the best way - the 'old' way. - I always know how to laugh
May I never forget to see the humor in life and laugh heartily. - I will always have a hand to hold
I hope it is my husband's hand, holding his hand is a treasure. I feel secure, loved, special holding his hand. Yet I also hope to have the hand of a loved one to hold, a small child, one of my daughters, a dear one. - I practice contentment
This may be the greatest challenge in my hopes and desires. To be content in all things: where I live, how I feel, with the situation that life has for me at any time. - I embrace each new generation & their style
I want to connect with the the younger generation, realize they will not want to do it my preferred way. Be able to share and communicate with them to hopefully have friends to keep me young and maybe, just maybe share a little of my life's lessons. - Good health for my body & mind
Yes please! I am a wimp with illness and pain. The thought of my mind betraying me is frightening. I want to be able to live with a quality of life to continue to contribute. I want to be able to always continue to learn and love. - Friendships old and new
I enjoy my many friends today. Some are older, some are younger, others are my peers. I realize that one day, I may not have any older friends, this makes me very sad. Yet I hope to always have friends of all ages. - Never, ever stop learning.
There is so much to learn. Academics and life lessons. But mostly there is so much to learn of God - -I pray I never lose the desire to know more of Him, who He is, how vast and awesome He is. - AND I really hope to keep up with technology
Technology can be a blessing and a curse. Yet I want to be able to keep up with computers, TVs, media, ipods, ipads, cars, etc. I hope that I am never so flustered by it that I give up trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment