Some days are hard. This is one of those days. Couple of days actually. I feel absolutely certain that my heart cannot take anymore for a while.
Today is Easter. A day set aside to remember and celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead. He died a cruel, horrible death on a cross for the sin of the world - for my sin. But the grave could not hold him...three days later he rose and then ascended to sit at the right hand of His Father. I celebrated with my family, church family, and friends.
And yet....
My friend M laid languishing in her final battle with Cruetzfeldt-Jakob disease. I am told Easter is her favorite holiday. She enjoyed making it special for her family. But she did not get to enjoy it this year, instead she labored to live. And now has lost her battle. She is now with the Risen Savior face to face.
I am happy for her and sad for us. She is no longer suffering but we have lost her. Again - it is so unfair. My mother's heart is broken. Her little guys will now forever associate Easter with the death of their mother. Not fair!
Some come into our lives a short time yet leave a long lasting impression... She'll be missed. May she rest in peace.
Thank you for sharing Betty Jo - There are really no words that will make it feel better. But I'm specifically praying that her family will eventually remember Easter as the day that their Wife/Mom did see Jesus face-to-face as you have shared. That could make Easter even more special. Love you.
ReplyDelete