Monday, July 22, 2013

Running!

Maybe you aware of this, perhaps I have shared it, many of you who read my ramblings know me personally so I have probably made your ears hurt talking about running.  I am still in shock myself that I am running.

Ok, my new fettish is only 3.5 months old and I'm on my second pair of shoes.  The furthest I have run 4.5 miles and only once or twice at that distance.   I suck air, I dread going out, I self talk myself into continuing when I would rather stop and just walk home, I definitely run to eat.  I am thrilled when I am done!  I think about the treat I can reward myself with as I run.  But now, a subtle shift is occurring, dare I say it?  I am beginning to like it.  Yes, like, almost enjoy running when nothing is chasing me!  Crazy talk, I know.

For a girl that was told by her chiropractor a few years ago to stop running when I confessed my activities and walked into his office a mess, this is amazing accomplishment to run.  I run and do not have to visit the chiropractor.  I run and the nagging whiplash injury of 25 years ago does not flare.  I run and my knees tell me that 2-3 miles is enough, so do my lungs.  I run!

I am so,thankful everyday for the physical abilities I have that day. I am not crippled by arthritis, nor fighting a dreadful disease, I have minimal pain, I suffer the normal aches of one aging, and now I can run!  

Here is a pic taken at the most recent 5K I participted.  My cherished gear pieces are my sunglasses, and my tunes.  Sunglasses to protect my eyes from glare and dust as I run the gravel roads and tunes to motivate me.

Hue-Hue 5K fun run

No comments:

Post a Comment