This past 18 months has been a journey. I have seen the depths of despair, the dark clouds of depression, the uncertainty of life, the shortness of life, rediscovered the blue sky and bright sun, and most importantly laughter and sillyness.
I am prone to pity parties - woe is me: I don't have a friend; a life; money; meaning.....
Well - - I woke up one day and had a change of attitude - HALLELUJAH! I rediscovered laughter (thank you KY - sister friend) and joy. I figured out that life is too short and you know what? Life is HARD period, end of story. I have not met anyone that has an easy life - - rich, poor, employed, unemployed, childless, house full of children - - no matter - LIFE IS HARD!!
Once I got that perspective through my head, I accepted it (well some of the time). With acceptance, came release and the ability to find joy.
My Heavenly Father allowed pain and grief - thank you God, because I now value what I have much more.
A special person came into my life a few years ago. We were friends but this past year our friendship changed into sisterhood! How I love it!!! I have missed my sister these past years - missed the fun, the sharing, the memories, the tears and sorrow. Through years, I have had several sister friends. What a joy they are in my life, the unconditional acceptance and love. But without those times of lonliness I may not recognize these ladies in my life and value them as I do today. To each of you - thank you for being a part of my life, I love you and treasure you. (SK, KY, CS, RV, JA, JG)
Is this what is called a mid-life wake up call? Cuz if it is - I like it! Thank God I have woken up - may I stay awake :)
Awwww Betty Jo, you are just precious. I love your heart for God, Family and Friends. Thank you for letting me peek into your life. You are dear.
ReplyDelete(I'm not sure if your blog is private or public. Hope it's ok to use names.... My blog is public so...names are ok.) :o)
---Deni.