We awoke to a beautiful morning in Moab, Utah. Hubby did not rest well... he is coughing something horribly. And yes, I am now fighting the symptoms of crud. I began drinking Emergen-C and juice.
We left our lovely hotel which had two queen beds and a sitting area. Very nice to have a little bit of extra space. It was quiet and peaceful.
Just a few miles from Arches National Park, we set out. We drove into Moab in the inky dark. Did I mention the road was dark - - no lights except for the the vehicles traversing the road with you. We had no idea the scenery. We were pleasantly surprised by the rising red rocks.
Arches National Park was amazing. We only did a driving loop and a small amount of hiking in the area. The natural arches and red rocks are stunning. Wished I would have felt better with more energy to enjoy the park. We spent all morning at the park, went back into Moab for lunch then started our journey to Colorado and our journey home.
A fairly easy drive until we hit the Vail area and Vail Mt pass. We could see the snow line in the mountains as we traveled and that is exactly what we drove in. Hubby had a rather heart pumping drive up to 10,600 elevation at Vail Pass in the snow/ice mix. Our defroster could not keep up. We finally decided at around 7ish with dusk descending to just stop for the night. We landed in Frisco, CO which is the Breckenridge Ski area. Unfortunately, the forecast called for 2-4 inches of snow that day and 3-5 the next with 12-24 the following night. We needed to get off the mountain the next morning! Daylight which makes a huge difference while driving.
I was disappointed that my mountain tops have been hidden in the clouds. But the snow makes it feel like Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment