Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grand Adventure: Day 9 What day is it?

We lost track of days of the week, city, hotel room numbers, & time zone We left Flagstaff after 3 nights. It was good to stay put for a few days.


Hubby awoke full of energy and was practically perky. If you know him at all you know what an anomaly that is! He was bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to go. I, however, was dragging. Two nights of fitful sleeping was not helping. Hubby slept well last night but his congestion has raised the decibels on his snoring - - thus making it challenging for me to sleep well. The girls seem to be tolerating it okay.


We took off in the, once again, bright sunshine, for Nevada. Destination: Hoover Dam. We arrived late morning. I was surprised by the amount of people, and again the number of languages spoken around us (we have been impressed all week), and the wind. It was very windy!! Those of us with hair - it was blown straight out.

We pulled in to find out that all tours were canceled -- elevator is broken. (58 flights down) I felt bad for hubby, he was looking forward to this particular destination. The 'one' on his list. We walked around, took pictures, bought souvenirs, and departed.



Hubby does not like Vegas. He was in the city 15 years ago for a conference and has NO desire to return. However, we had to drive through the city after Hoover Dam to continue on to Utah.

Hubby humored us and drove right down the strip so we girls could see it. It was middle of the afternoon, I was a bit disappointed as I know the place is spectacular after dark. We talked about staying until after dark.... but decided it was not a place for the girls. Once we drove through I was rather content to leave. Not sure I would have enjoyed it other than to see the lights - but I've seen those from an airplane *grin* Seriously - - - NYC Times Square last year was great! I can live without Las Vegas. Besides it was too crowded with people for me LOL.


We made our way to Utah. Destination: somewhere near Zion National Park. The drive through Virgin River Canyon was amazing. Hurricane, Utah is where we stopped.

Not enough time to tour the parks so we are lying low. Hubby and DD#2 played mini-golf, DD#1 and I rested and caught up on email. Unfortunately - evening time, hubby went 'down hill'.

This trip has been one big adventure. The landscape is so varied. The distance so great from home. I think the GPS told me today it is over 2000 miles to home. This country is very large - - we are covering just a small section.

No comments:

Post a Comment